Oilfield Job Shop is looking for a contract writer!
The right candidate will be able to break news about the oil & gas industry as it relates employment in North America & across the Globe.
Responsibilities will include daily / alternating daily stories on oil and gas and energy-related employment issues, plus related features, as well as covering OPEC and other relevant news aggregators and data hubs.
Position Details Include:
- Editorialize breaking news stories & their impact on oil & gas jobs across North America.
- Choose subject matter and suitable form to express personal feelings and experiences or ideas, or to narrate stories or events.
- Follow appropriate procedures to get copyrights for completed work (references, citations, image sources)
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, using sources such as newspaper accounts, and interviews.
- Previous experience producing stories on energy-related jobs, and news items that impact oil & gas employment in North America
- Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Bonus - Familiarity with the Wordpress CMS
Oilfield Job Shop currently requires 3-5 articles / news updates per week. This number is likely to increase in the future.
Compensation will vary depending on experience level and quality of work, and will be based on a 'per item' basis in relation to word count.
The ideal compensation scenario would be based on a per-week total of published works. For the right candidate, payment would be made in advance of each publishing week.
Note: contractors must be able to accept payment online via Paypal or Credit Card. Payment shall be made is CDN funds.
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your resume & a sample of your (published) work to oilfieldjobshop[@]gmail.com
While we thank you for your interest in the position, we will only reply to those candidates we feel best meet the needs of role.