What Acden is Hiring for:
Acden Facilities LP. is currently sourcing Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technicians to prepare for potential upcoming projects with one of our Oil Sands clients. If the projects become available, qualified applicants to this competition will be considered. Flight and camp accommodation will be provided from designated hubs: Edmonton, Alberta and Calgary, Alberta. These positions may consist of any of the following shifts: 7 on/7 off; 14 on/14 off; 4 on/3 off/3 on/4 off shifts; days, nights or both. However, shifts and schedules may change due to operational requirements.
Special Requirement: Please list all training and certifications on your resume and be specific about how you meet the position qualifications . Ensure that you submit copies of all training certifications/tickets with your resume.
Competitive Industry Wage, Competitive Benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long term disability and life insurance).
We pride ourselves on offering our employees a dynamic, rewarding and healthy work environment. If you are looking for diverse experience and an opportunity to grow within your role and the company, Acden is for you.
As a leader in sustainable development, we are constantly looking for innovative ways to create value through environmentally responsible energy development. We encourage our employees at every level to share ideas on how to improve the corporation and minimize the impact we leave behind.
At Acden, you will be given the tools and support to make meaningful contributions to your career and to your company. You will also become a part of a corporation that believes in productivity coupled with balance and that wants their employees to succeed in all aspects.
Join us today!
With 18 companies and over 3000 employees, Acden is one of Canada’s largest Aboriginal companies.
Acden Facilities Limited Partnership provides industrial and commercial clients in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo with facilities management, maintenance and support services.
Utilizing the existing strengths of Acden combined with prequalified, local Aboriginal and local businesses, we are a one stop service and single point of contact solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of heavy equipment diagnosis, repairs and preventative maintenance
- Complete routine self-generated work, and daily work order requests for repairs and service.
- Complete estimates, required invoicing, along with maintaining accurate reporting and documentation on work that is performed.
- Interaction with 3rd party customers as required.
- Mentor and provide sufficient training with heavy equipment technician apprentices as required.
- Respond to emergencies when needed.
- Duties as they may arise that would fulfill the mandate of providing complete facilities operations and maintenance.
- Alberta Certified Journeyman or Interprovincial Red Seal in Heavy Equipment Trade.
- Experienced with four-wheel drive is required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Highly developed organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Sensitive to issues of confidentiality and compliance.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, working from heights, working in confined spaces, climbing and awkward positions as well as carrying of materials.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Audiometric and Physical Abilities Testing pre-employment tests.
- OSSA BSO or CSTS-09 & OSSA certificates are required.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean 5-year history driver’s abstract obtained within 30 days.
- Must be able to provide credentials of trade prior to/ or at the interview stage.
- Must be eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Apply online at https://www.acden.com/careers