What Stena Drilling is Hiring for:
Stena Drilling is delighted to be commencing operations offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada for a 90-day drilling campaign. There are currently temporary opportunities for 20 Roustabout’s, working on a 28/28 on/off rotation.
Rate: $29.05 CDN Hourly (12 hours per day)
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety and safe work practices of fellow crew members.
· Question any instruction that are not clear and offer suggestions for improving the safety of personnel / the efficiency of carrying out any task.
· Stop the job if it appears unsafe or if the job is not going according to plan.
· Stop others, if their work appears unsafe.
· Follow instructions given by the Crane Operator.
· Assist in managing deck areas and spaces, ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in all of these areas. On completion of work activities ensure all tools and equipment are stowed away and secured in the designated location.
· Ensure that all walkways and escape ways remain clear at all times.
· Participate in Lifting Operations under the supervision of the Crane Operator, ensuring that this in compliance with the company’s lifting practices.
· When designated, act as Banksman. Strictly follow company procedures. Never get involved with the lift or handle the loads. Ensure lift path is clear before starting lift. Be familiar with and comply with the company lifting expectations.
· Act as a member of the Helicopter Landing crew – Helideck Assistant under the direction of the designated Helicopter Landing Officer.
· Ensure that equipment is secure to prevent movement due to wind or vessel motion.
· Be fully aware of the correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
· Act as a Member of the Emergency Fire Team, being fully aware of the use, type and location of all Fire Fighting Equipment / Life Saving appliances
· Participate in Emergency training exercises onboard when instructed by Crane Operator.
· On moored units – Participate in rig moving operations including operation of anchor winches on-board under supervision of Barge Master/ Engineer.
· Any other duties as required by the Crane Operator / Senior Crane Operator.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
· Greenhand course
· Offshore survival
· Fire Team Member & Helideck
· Deck Grade 1 or 2 Ticket
· 5 years relative experience
· Previous offshore experience within a similar position
· Canadian BST/R
· Regulatory Awareness
· H2S Alive
· WHMIS 2015
· Suit Fit
· Face Fit
· Canadian Emergency First Aid
· Canadian CPR & Defib
· Seafarers Book
· Proficiency in Designated Security Duties / Awareness
· Fire Team Member
· Helideck Team Training
· IATA Dangerous Goods by Air Awareness
· Slingers and Banksman (Onboard)
· Forklift Safety (Onboard)
· Helicopter Refuel (Onboard)
· Confined Space Rescue (Onboard)
· HP Washdown (Onboard)
· Mobile Access Tower Appreciation (Onboard)
· Mobile Elevated Work Platform / Cherry Picker (Onboard)
· Height - Work at Height and Harness Equip User - Unit 2 (Onboard)
· Canadian Rigger (Onboard)
· Fall Protection (Onboard)
· Confined Space Entry (Onboard)
Resumes should contain following information:
· Education/Training - Name and location of training institution, dates attended, name of completed program.
· Experience - Name and location of company, dates worked there, job title(s), and brief descriptions of your main responsibilities while in each position.
· Offshore certificates – Please be prepared to submit copies of your certificates and Canadian passport, should you be selected for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Thank you for your interest in Stena Drilling. Your application will be reviewed, and we shall revert accordingly should you be shortlisted.