Citadel Drilling Ltd (“Citadel”) is currently searching for the ideal candidate to join our team in the position of U.S. Drilling Superintendent. This is a full-time position and will be based out of the Midland/Odessa area, Texas, USA. Previous experience managing drilling operations in West Texas, the Delaware and Midland basins specifically, is required.
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of Operations in Nisku, Alberta, the U.S. Drilling Superintendent will serve as a senior operational leader in the United States on behalf of Citadel. This position is responsible for the day to day management of local U.S. drilling activities, ensuring Citadel clients receive an extraordinary drilling experience. We are looking for an individual with strong technical expertise, someone who can be relied upon to drive operational efficiencies through industry leading drilling practices, possesses an uncompromising commitment to safety, and will demonstrate the highest regard for Citadel’s culture and PAC²T values.
- Manage our local U.S. day-to-day operations, with support from Canada;
- Provide direction and support to field personnel;
- Emphasize strong focus on safety and Citadel core values;
- Liaise between U.S. field operations, U.S. clients and Citadel Canada daily;
- Ensure rig crew competencies are compliant with local regulatory requirements through communication and maintenance of federal, state and /or Citadel standards;
- Conduct rig inspections, audit equipment and processes to ensure compliance with Citadel policies and standards;
- Conduct incident investigations as required;
- This position is required to be on-call and travel to rig sites frequently.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ recent experience (within past 5 years) managing drilling operations in West Texas, the Delaware and Midland basins specifically;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a management role within the drilling industry (Field Superintendent or above);
- Preference given to candidates with “Super Spec / Ultra Spec AC Tier 1” drilling rig experience (acquired at the Rig Manager or Superintendent level);
- Local knowledge, access to and relationships with local oilfield vendors is required;
- Eligible to work in the U.S. (U.S. citizen or able to qualify for a U.S. work visa);
- Strong operational management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to achieve goals and objectives;
- Previous experience conducting incident investigations;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Proficient in the use of computers and good working knowledge of typical MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus;
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability, EAP;
- Option Plan.
Only those applicants who meet the experience and qualification requirements will be considered for this position.
About Citadel Drilling
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Citadel was formed to focus on the deployment of a fleet of technologically advanced “Super Spec / Ultra Spec AC Tier 1” drilling rigs, to service the deep horizontal and self-moving pad specific markets. We provide a dynamic work environment that encourages professional growth, personal development opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package.