What Confidential is Hiring for:
Our client, a fast-growing gas & flare production company is looking for motivated and qualified Flare Specialist with oil field background. As a Flare Specialist, you will be working with automated systems in a manufacturing environment utilizing your PLC skills. Experience in Burner Management Systems (BMS) & in Fired Equipment is a requirement for this exciting role!
Flare Specialists transport, install, monitor and service permanent and rental flare and ignition systems as well as other various types of gas and oil production equipment in a field environment while being directly in charge of job safety and completion. Flare Specialists provide excellent customer service while maintaining, repairing and installing open flare controls, instrumentation and controls. Training for this position is on the job and within the company.
These opportunities from Confidential are available in Midland, Texas, United States.
Duties and Responsibilities of Flare Technician:
• Supports a philosophy of zero accidents by following all applicable safety procedures maintaining equipment to operate in the safest way possible.
• Performs work associated with pipefitting of oil and gas production equipment.
• Startup, troubleshooting, inspection, and repair of open flare/enclosed combustion devices.
• Startup, troubleshooting, inspection, and repair of oil and gas production equipment.
• Analyze electrical schematics and drawings to repair/maintain equipment.
• Adhere to company policies, procedures and rules.
• Maintains a positive, team-oriented attitude.
• Flexibility to work hours necessary to meet customer requirements.
• Installs and maintains burner management systems in a field environment.
• Assists Field Service crews with equipment repairs and maintenance as needed.
• Maintains paperwork and field tickets for billing purposes.
• Completes all safety documentation to ensure the job is completed in a safe manner.
• Maintains company trucks and ensures all required maintenance is performed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience navigating a computer and exposure to Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to work independently without supervision.
• Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions.
· Experience in Burner Management Systems (BMS) & in Fired Equipment
· Able to troubleshoot, inspection and repair of open flare/enclosed combustion devices.
· Capable of finalizing the equipment layout with consideration of design requirements, safety, and accessibility. Ensures adherence to quality and cost parameters of the project.
· Able to analyze electrical schematics and drawings to repair/maintain equipment.
· Capable of inspecting equipment and finding deficiencies based on desire operation.
· Computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office application package and ERP and MRP database-driven software.
· Good organizational and project planning skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
Confidential has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- High School Diploma
- Background Check
- Drug Test
- Lift 50Lbs
- Mechanically Inclined
- Clean Driving Record
- Travel Required
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Confidential? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!