Floorhands & Motor Hands needed in Alberta, BC & Saskatchewan
What AKITA Drilling is Hiring for:
"AKITA Drilling Ltd. is actively seeking qualified applicants for various Floorhand and Motorhand positions in Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan
The Floor Hand works the drill floor operating manual tongs and pulling slips when tripping drill pipe in and out of the hole. The Floor Hand reports to the Motor Man and the Driller. The Floor Hand assists in various jobs around the drilling rig (e.g. pressure washing, hauling mud products, etc.). The position requires a H2S Alive certificate and workers are required to be fit and able to lift heavy loads.
- Assist the Derrick Hand and Driller on the drill floor while making trips,
- Ensure the drill floor is kept clean,
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment,
- Assist the Derrick Hand in mixing mud and chemicals,
- Assist in cleaning and painting as required by the Driller,
- Assist in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out,
- Perform the duties of an all-around worker on the drilling rig and,
- Learn and adhere to all Company, Customer and Government Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices and Regulations.
The Motor Hand ensures that all equipment is operating and functioning properly, performs repair work when capable and notifies the Rig Manager for major repair work. This position also assists the Derrick Hand and Driller on the drill floor while making trips. This position requires a H2S Alive certificate and mechanical aptitude.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment,
- Inspect and report on all equipment daily or as required,
- Fill out all log sheets and maintenance cards correctly and ensure they are kept up to date,
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean,
- Ensure Floor Hands have performed preventative maintenance on appropriate equipment,
- Learn and adhere to all Company Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices, and all governmental safety regulations and,
- Assist the Driller in mentoring the Floor Hand and helping with on the job training."
These opportunities from AKITA Drilling are available in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Canada.
AKITA Drilling has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About AKITA Drilling:
Formed in January of 1993 through a Plan of Arrangement with their predecessor, ATCO Drilling Ltd. Initially operating with 26 drilling rigs in Canada, In 2018 AKITA Drilling Ltd. and Xtreme Drilling Corp. combined the two companies through a Plan of Arrangement to create a leading intermediate North American land drilling contractor. Now has a fleet of 40 high-spec drilling rigs with operations in major resource basins in the US and Canada.
Read more on AKITA Drilling Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from AKITA Drilling? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!