Immediate Openings for Security Guards in Calgary & Edmonton, AB ($18-$20/hr)
What Steel River Services is Hiring for:
Steel River Energy Services is seeking experienced Security Guards for immediate opportunities in Calgary, AB and Edmonton, AB.
The Security Guard will promote and enforce safety and security and will act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity in Construction, Pipeline, Turnaround & Maintenance.
Key Job Duties
- Maintain a safe and secure environment by patrolling and monitoring premises
- Monitor surveillance equipment, inspect buildings, equipment and access points
- Access Control: Permit authorized persons entry to site when required
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, inform violators of policy and procedures; restrain if necessary
- Control traffic by directing drivers
- Complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments (FLHA’s) and Daily Occurrence Reports (DOR’s) and Incident Reports (IR’s) when required
- Inspect Company vehicles, notify appropriate staff when service is required
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls
- Arrive for your shift on time. If you know you will be unable to fulfill your duties, you must communicate with the Security Team ahead of time or organize a replacement
- Work efficiently and effectively both as part of a team or individually on site
- Other duties and tasks as assigned and deemed appropriate by management
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in a Security role
- Alberta Basic Security Training (ABST) & Licence
- Knowledgeable about security operations and procedures
- Able to follow complex instructions, but written and verbal
- Objectivity, emotional control and dependability
- Able to react appropriately in emergency & high stress situations
- Able to anticipate, identify and solve problems
- Utilizes exceptional judgement & decision-making skills in order to provide professional service to client
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions when required, work indoors or in camps
- Driving Company truck in all weather conditions
- Adhere to all traffic laws and regulations, such as driving within speed limits
- Shift work; typically, 12 hours per day; Hours of Work Averaging Agreement in place
- Overtime and weekend work may be required
These opportunities from Steel River Services are available in Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Steel River Services offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Steel River Services has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 1 Year Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Steel River Services:
As a diverse management entity, Steel River Group creates opportunity where Indigenous led businesses are empowered to create and capture value for their people, alliance partners and our communities.
Read more on Steel River Services Jobs
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Steel River Services? It’s time to take action!