Multi positions needed in Monahans TX (Welder, Pipefitter, Ironworker helper and more)
What Lauren Engineers & Constructors, Inc is Hiring for:
Purpose: Performs any combination of the following general labor tasks, and may assist journeymen in various crafts such as ironwork, electrical, welding, painting, pipefitting, material handling.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Normal work period is Monday-Thursday dayshift while at Manufacturing Facility. Length of employment may be limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (must possess the ability to)
May include, but not limited to:
• Dig, spread and level dirt and gravel using pick and shovel
• Lift, carry and hold building materials, tools and supplies
• Clean tools, equipment, materials and work areas
• Mix, pour and spread concrete, gravel and other material using hand tools
• Join, wrap, align and seal sections of pipe
• Remove forms from set concrete
• Measure distance from grade stakes
• Drive stakes
• Stretch tight line
• Bolt, nail, align and block up under forms
• Mix concrete using portable mixer
• Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete using float, trowel or screed
• Mop, brush or spread paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection
• Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint or stucco through hose to clean, coat or seal surfaces
• Sweep and other general clean-up activities
• Grind, sand, or polish surfaces such as metal using abrasive tools or machines
• Saw lumber, dismantle forms, remove projects from concrete, and mount pipe hangars
• Mowing, trimming, and cleaning up trash
• Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy
• Follow oral and written directions
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed
• Assist in installing, maintaining and operating all instruments and measuring devices needed for functional systems.
• Load, transport, unload and furnish experienced craft worker with materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
• Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary.
• Lift, position and secure materials and work pieces during installation.
• Follow verbal instructions
• Identify Electrical hand tools
• Identify power tools
• Make measurements with tape to the 1/16" accuracy
• Use hand tools
• Use power tools
• State LEC lock and tag-out procedures
• Identify conduit and hardware
• Measure, cut, and thread conduit
• Pull cable and wire conduit
• Perform lock and tag-out using LEC procedures
• Perform basic math job calculations
• Use power tools: Port-a-bands, Drill Motor, Side Grinder, Hilti Drill, Electric Tugger, Sawz-All, and Knockout
• Assist in securing components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
• Assist in the selection appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
• Have basic knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
• Assist in securing of parts in position for welding.
• Assist in the preparation of material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
• Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
• Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
• Assist in the repairing of products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
• Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
• Assembles component layout by applying knowledge of geometry, physical metal properties and weld shrinkage.
• Performs basic mathematical calculations pertaining to the craft such as rolling offsets, cutback of fittings, and takeout between welds and other fits.
• Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
• Inspect worksites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weaknesses.
• Plan the sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other manufacturing workers.
• Preps material for welding by cutting or grinding using portaband, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
• Thread pipe using threading machine.
• Secure pipes to structure with bolt up, clamps, brackets, tack welding and hangars using hand tools and machines.
• Basic understanding of rigging to move pipe into proper location.
• Test piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
• Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
• Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Prepares various surfaces for painting by washing, scraping, burning, sanding, sandblasting or other means as necessary.
• Mixes, matches, and blends various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, stains and special protective coatings to achieve desired color, consistency, and drying properties.
• Caulks, putties, cements or plasters holes and cracks.
• Erects and uses ladders, scaffolding, and swinging stage equipment as required.
• Paints structures, equipment, and pipe using brush, spray gun or other applicator.
• Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
Material Handling Helper
• Assist in preparing materials for shipping and loads it onto trucks.
• Assist in unloading delivery trucks and prepares documentation for receiving materials.
• Assist in the verification of proper delivery and accounts for material received based on purchase orders and other supporting documentation.
• Places and organizes different types of material throughout the stock storage area to prevent damage and is able to keep track of them.
• Cleans stock storage area of debris and other materials that could be a safety hazard.
• Using the appropriate PPE.
• Maintain strict adherence to the policies set forth in the QA/QC manual.
• 3+ months of industrial/construction/general labor experience
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at great heights
• See applicable tool list.
Environment: Manufacturing Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
These opportunities from Lauren Engineers & Constructors, Inc are available in Monahans, Texas, United States.
Lauren Engineers & Constructors, Inc has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Lift 50Lbs
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Lauren Engineers & Constructors, Inc? It’s time to take action!