Pipeline Operator III - Rio Vista, CA
What Calpine Corporation is Hiring for:
Responsible for monitoring instruments and regulating pumps and other operational systems. Ability to regulate the flow of oil, gases and other materials from pipes into and out of storage tanks, monitor instruments and communicate with other operators/ technicians and directly observe pipes, system tanks and other equipment for leaks or other damage and communicate with the operators in the control room to ensure safe operation within standards and regulations.
• Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
• Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
• Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
• Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
• Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
• Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
• Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
• Works under limited supervision.
• Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
• Senior-level; varies depending on area, but generally 5+ years directly related experience.
• Advanced certifications/licensures.
These opportunities from Calpine Corporation are available in California, United States.
Calpine Corporation has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- High School Diploma
- 5 Years Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Calpine Corporation:
Calpine Corporation is America’s largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources with operations in competitive power markets.
Our fleet of 79 power plants in operation or under construction represents approximately 26,000 megawatts of generation capacity. Through wholesale power operations and our retail businesses Calpine Energy Solutions and Champion Energy, we serve customers in 24 states, Canada and Mexico.
Our clean, efficient, modern and flexible fleet uses advanced technologies to generate power in a low-carbon and environmentally responsible manner. We are uniquely positioned to benefit from the secular trends affecting our industry, including the abundant and affordable supply of clean natural gas, environmental regulation, aging power generation infrastructure and the increasing need for dispatchable power plants to successfully integrate intermittent renewables into the grid.
Please visit www.calpine.com to learn more about how Calpine is creating power for a sustainable future.
Read more on Calpine Corporation Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Calpine Corporation? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!