Government job fair in Ottawa will highlight available natural resources jobs across Canada
Natural Resources Canada is hosting a Talent and Networking Fair at the Shaw Centre (near the Rideau Centre), Ottawa, from 9am to 6pm on April 19, 2018. All interested parties are invited to participate and discover how their individual talents could contribute to a new and exciting career.
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) is the centre for government research and policy regarding energy, mining, forestry and earth sciences. Employees enjoy diverse employment opportunities, a range of career development programs, and a learning culture that supports learning on an ongoing basis. NRCan supports balancing work and private life by offering the benefits of flexible work arrangements.
On April 19 you can connect directly with hiring managers, discover career options and build the contacts you need to advance your career.
Positions are available across Canada, and include:
- Administrative (Assistant; Correspondence; Project; Occupational Health & Safety; Architecture (Housing Design Advisor)
- Commerce & Purchasing
- Computer Science (Internet Technical Officer; IT Operations; IT Coordinator; Programmer Analyst)
- Economics and Social Science (Statistical; Policy; Evaluator; Analysts; Mineral Advisors; Economists; Manager)
- Engineer (Engineer; Technical Advisor; Research Engineer)
- Geomatics (Analyst/Specialist)
- Physical Science (Explosives Scientist; Science & Environmental Assessment Officer, Science Planning Officer; Team Lead)
- Program Management (ATIP Evaluator; Program Policy Advisor)
- Research Scientist
- Technical & Scientific Support (Coal Preparation Technologist; Technician, Fuels Analysis Technologist; Science Support; Technician Millwright)
This Fair is open to the public.
The Public Service of Canada promotes employment equity and encourages applicants to indicate if they belong to one of the targeted groups when they apply. Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
More information is available on the Natural Resources Canada Talent and Networking Fair website bit.ly/NRCanFair